I have a major sweet tooth. Actually, my girl Jen over at Standing Strong Wellness said she has such a sweet tooth, she says she has sweet teeth, and I thought that was perfect! I always want something sweet after I eat something savory, or just all the time. Ha. And if it’s a mix of sweet and savory, then I’m in heaven.
But you can’t go around eating sugar all the time now, can you? So I try to make myself healthier alternatives to my sugary loves, just like this roasted pineapple. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits, second to cherries. They aid in digestion, help support your immune system and eye health, aids in bone strength, and they have many anti-inflammatory benefits. Eating raw fruit can get kind of boring sometimes though, and I was wanting something warm and easy. Because you know I love easy but tasty recipes, so you know this is both.
Roasted Pineapple with Coconut Whip
- 1 pineapple, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Jacobsen’s Vanilla Bean salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush the pineapple with the 2 tablespoons of honey and put in the oven for about 20 mins. I’m using this Bee Local smoked honey sauce.
- Once the pineapple is done just top with pistachios, vanilla salt and enjoy!