Sometimes, instead of making a full on meal for lunches, I like to just have something snacky. This weekend at the farmers market they finally had some strawberries again, so I thought let’s make a salsa! Perfect for a light lunch, or a good sized snack. This is also great on top of some grilled chicken, tofu or fish. Plus, you know it’s so easy, just chop and mix.
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Chips or crackers for scooping
- Mix cucumber, strawberries, jalapeno, pine nuts, mint, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Dollop with goat cheese if using.