Breakfast on weekdays in this house usually means something that can be grab and go, but I want it to be beneficial too. No sugary cereals, yogurt cups, or “nutrition” bars here! One favorite though is overnight oats, they’re so delicious, convenient, easy and customizable. This weekend the grocery store had some beautiful raspberries on sale, so raspberry overnight oats it is!
And since they were on sale, I thought why not make some raspberry almond milk for extra flavor. If you’ve never made almond milk before, it’s really easy. For raspberry almond milk you just need 1 cup almonds, 4 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional), nut milk bag, blender. Soak the almonds in enough water to cover them overnight, drain and peel almonds next day, throw everything in a blender and strain through the nut milk bag.
Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice (I like to keep it dairy free with coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup raspberry almond milk (instructions in above paragraph)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 raspberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Transfer into jar with tight-fitting lid
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but obviously overnight is best.
- Garnish as wanted, I chose kiwi, raspberries and bee pollen. Enjoy!