I love cabbage salads, they’re so easy to make, cabbage is a great source for aiding in digestion, they’re easy to eat, and it’s nice to change it up from your normal greens. I also really love peanut dressing. I could put it on everything! If you have a peanut allergy, you can always switch to almond butter or any kind of nut butter really.
We also really love spicy in this house. If that’s not your thing, just skip it. The dressing is still really delicious without it. Also, I like to put my avocado on each individual serving. That way I can save any leftover salad without the avocado turning brown.
Crunchy Cabbage Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup mint, rough chopped
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1 cup roasted cashews (or nut of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, sriracha, honey, tamari, ginger, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbages, carrots, snap peas, mint, avocado and cashews.
- Serve, top with dressing and enjoy!