Truth circle time, cauliflower is just kind of flavorless to me. I’m not saying I hate it, I’m just not always drawn to it. This soup is probably in my top 3 though. I could easily eat it every week. I also really love this smoked salt, well anything Jacobsen really. It kind of replaced all other salts for me in my recent cooking. It just adds such a great depth of flavor to literally anything.
The smokey paprika also helps give this soup additional depth of flavor, with another little kick of smokiness. And of course, you know it’s super easy to make, practically dump and done. What are some of your favorite soups?
Smokey Cauliflower Soup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1.Whisk the almond milk and arrowroot together in a medium nonstick pot, over medium-low heat, for 2 mins until warmed.
- Add the broth, cauliflower, onion, paprika and salt. Increase to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat back to medium-low and simmer for 20 mins, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove your pot from the heat and puree with either an immersion blender or standard blender.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with more smoked salt, or paprika and enjoy!