Bowls are so easy, I love & need easy. When life gets busy, who has time to meal plan? Not me… So of course, I like bowls because not only are they easy, but you can stretch them out for a few meals. Just prep, grab and go.
This particular bowl I like because it’s good hot or cold. So when I need to take it to work, if there’s no microwave around, no problem! The lemon rosemary chicken is so refreshing, and the spicy snap peas heat things up. If you’re not a spicy fan, you can always just salt and pepper the beans and squeeze more lemon over them. But, if you are a spicy fan, these snap peas are some of my very favorites. It’s also very clean and simple. With the chicken marinating in lemon juice, avocado oil, and rosemary, it’s very flavorful and juicy.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken, Spicy Snap Peas, and Avocado Bowl
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 4 lemons
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- 1lb sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- In a small container, add the chicken, juice from 3 lemons, and 1/4 cup avocado oil. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and peel the leaves from the rosemary sprig and put it on top on the chicken. Marinade for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Preheat oven the oven to 375 degrees and start the quinoa. Cook the quinoa according to the package.
- Put the chicken in for 30 mins once the oven has reached 375.
- While that’s in the oven, in a large bowl toss the snap peas with the crushed red pepper, cayenne, salt to taste, and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for the last 10 mins of the chicken cooking.
- When that’s finished, let cool for 5 mins.
- Dice up the chicken, assemble your bowl, squeeze more lemon over top. You could add some siracha or I like to sprinkle some Jacobsens ghost chili salt on top for a little extra crunch and heat.