If you eat meat, salmon is such a great super food. The omega’s and vitamins in it boosts heart health, brain function, bone, and eye health. It also helps reduce inflammation, improves gut health, improves joint pain, and helps your hair and skin glowing and healthy looking. So I like to try to incorporate it weekly, if not, bi-weekly.
However, not all salmon is created equally. For those of you who don’t know farmed salmon and wild caught salmon are not nutritionally equal. First, the farmed salmon are fed antibiotics, which can get into your system unwantedly through digestion. Wild salmon has more calcium, iron, potassium, and half the fat of farmed salmon. Probably from all that open water swimming. Farmed salmon is higher in contaminants and evern flame retardant! Basically one is beneficial and one is pretty toxic. So if you can, wild caught is definitely the way to go.
This salad is one of my favorite salads, I think I made it almost ever week for a month straight. The warm beans and salmon are a nice balance with the cool cucumbers and pomegranates. The tartness of the pomegranate really compliments the sweetness and bitterness of the honey mustard. Plus, who doesn’t love honey mustard!? I’m sure some of you, but I love it. 🙂
Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon Salad
- 1 lb wild caught salmon fillet, divided into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1 head lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the dijon, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper. Use 3 tablespoons of sauce and brush over salmon. Place salmon in a glass baking dish and refrigerate for 15-30 mins. And place sauce to the side for your dressing later.
- While that marinades preheat your over to 400 degrees
- Put the green beans in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, toss to coat Get out a sheet pan and distribute the green beans in an even layer.
- When the salmon is done marinating place both the salmon and green beans in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- While that is in the oven assemble the lettuce and cucumbers in your bowl and get the pomegranate arils out of the pomegranate.
- When the salmon and green beans are done, take them out and let them sit for 5 mins. You don’t want them to be too hot because it can wilt your lettuce.
- Assemble the remaining ingredients, dress and enjoy!