I love fish, lean healthy protein and most are loaded with Omega-3’s. This miso glazed black cod is no different. So buttery, sustainably caught, and so easy to make, it’s one of my favorites. I like to simplify the recipe to keep it healthier, no added sugars here. So because of that, it looks a tad different than most, but it’s still so delicious! And can we just talk about this saké for a minute? I was telling the guy at the fish market what I was making and he turned me on to this beautiful saké. Locally sourced and organic, this saké is creamy and rich with a tropical flavor. I don’t even normally like saké, but this one is very nice.
This is also a good make ahead of time recipe since it needs to marinate for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight. If you really want to be ahead of time, it can marinade for up to 3 days. Then you just pop it in the oven for 20 mins when you’re ready.
Miso Glazed Black Cod
- 1 lb. black cod
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons saké
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Mix miso and saké together to create a spreadable paste and spread over the cod. Sprinkle scallions on top.
- Place fish in a shallow glass baking dish, cover tightly and put in the fridge for 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When preheated place fish in the oven for 20 mins.
- Serve with some steamed rice and roasted veggies or a salad.