Getting breakfast for myself is usually my biggest struggle, and making it a healthy one is an even bigger struggle. Mostly because, either there are a million things to do in the morning before getting out the door, or I want to stay in bed until I have no extra time and I’m running around like a chicken with its head cut off. So convenience is key, and these overnight oats are nothing short of that.
Not only are they convenient, but this recipe is so tasty and it’s so simple. I don’t know if you’ve tried overnight oats before, but a lot of them can be sort of bland. We’ll have none of that over here! Packed with almond butter and cacao, I love this recipe so much, I could eat it all the time, breakfast, as a snack, dessert. In the morning, if you want a little extra oomph, you can top with any sort of seeds, dried berries, or fresh fruit.
Cacao Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice (I like to keep it dairy free with coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Transfer into jar with tight-fitting lid
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but obviously overnight is best.